Riff Cold Brewed Coffee was co-founded in 2017 in Bend, Oregon by an experienced team from the craft beverages industry. Riff has launched with premium cold brewed coffee across Oregon in packaged bottles, 3 quart bag in box, and kegs. This fall, they will open a unique taproom in Bend that will help reintroduce people to coffee and its endless possibilities available through the cold brewing process. And, they have opened a Riff Tapshack in Eugene, that serves pastries, blended drinks and pours a variety of cold brews from a 4-tap kegerator.
the riff spirit
Why not explore, innovate, and improvise with a drink as old as time? Well, that’s precisely what cold brewed coffee did. It breathed some fresh life into a staid tradition. And we’re excited to take it from there. See, we love coffee, but even more, we love what happens around coffee: conversations, kinship, long drives, slow meals, ideas. So many ideas. Our vision is to stay loose, say yes, and explore coffee as a starting place for a million other good things—and to keep surprising you (and ourselves) with all the ways we brew, blend, bottle, and tip back some cold brewed coffee together.
Our Values: building lasting relationships, transparency, positive force in the community, having fun, and innovation.
the riff taproom
The Taproom is our brand epicenter, our “home base,” providing the richest opportunity for our tribe to experience the Riff spirit— it’s about building relationships, being transparent, positive, innovative and having fun— together. In support of this vision, our Front of House Manager will collaborate with our Taproom leadership team in creating one of the most refreshing, exciting and interactive food and beverage experiences in the country!
Reports to Front of House Manager or Manager on duty.
Provides timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests. This key team member will create incredible beverage experiences for our guests and heighten their interest and passion for cold brewed coffee.
- Scrappy Problem Solving
- Entrepreneurially Oriented
- Passionately Collaborative
- Mega Enthusiasm
- Relentless Attention to Detail
- Clear Communication
- Natural Sense of Humor
- Handle Stressful Situations
- Assist in designing bar menus. Create new and exciting drink recipes celebrating the flavor profiles or Riff Cold Brewed Coffees.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Riff’s drink recipes.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol in compliance with OLCC requirements.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the Point Of Sale system.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, etc. to meet PAR inventory levels.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar.
- Clean bar, back bar and work areas. Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Arrange and maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the Front Of House Manager.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
requirements and prior experience
- Current OLCC Servers Permit
- Current Oregon Food Handlers Card
- At least 6 months of bartending and front-of-house and/or experience in hospitality service or the food and beverage industry.
- Demonstrated passion for craft beverages and cocktail mixology.
- Proficiency in operating a POS (point of sale) system.
position type/expected hours of work
Part-time and full-time positions available. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds, Able to communicate effectively with managers and staff.
Riff Cold Brewed Coffee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We intend to open the Taproom mid November. This position to commence late October.
how to apply
Email resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile, and 2-3 letters of reference by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.