The Riff Spirit
Why not explore, innovate, and improvise with a drink as old as time? Well, that’s precisely what cold brewed coffee did. It breathed some fresh life into a staid tradition. And we’re excited to take it from there. See, we love coffee, but even more, we love what happens around coffee: conversations, kinship, long drives, slow meals, ideas. So many ideas. Our vision is to stay loose, say yes, and explore coffee as a starting place for a million other good things—and to keep surprising you (and ourselves) with all the ways we brew, blend, bottle, and tip back some cold brewed coffee together.
The Taproom is our brand epicenter, our “home base,” providing the richest opportunity for our tribe to experience the Riff spirit— it’s about building relationships, being transparent, positive, innovative and having fun— together. In support of this vision, our Dishwasher will collaborate with our Taproom leadership team in creating one of the most refreshing, exciting and interactive food and beverage experiences in the country!
Reports to Kitchen Management or Manager on duty
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Double checking and re-washing soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Hand wash boards, cask irons, and other items as directed using the approved triple sink method.
- Remove recycling, compost and garbage to dumpster. Ensure disposal area if kept clean and organized.
- Open/Close the dishwashing area properly and follow the opening/ shift change/ closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others when needed.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats as directed..
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of taproom and garbage dumpster.
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen and taproom floors remain dry and safe
- Must notify Manager anytime dish machine-wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
- No Experience needed, foot-in-the-door opportunity, great attitude and the willingness to be successful.
- Demonstrated passion for craft beverages and culinary arts
- Current food handlers card
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds, Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel.
Riff Cold Brewed Coffee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed tobuilding a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills
We intend to open the Taproom early November. This position to commence late October to early November.
how to apply
Email resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile, and 2-3 letters of reference by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.