The Riff Spirit
Why not explore, innovate, and improvise with a drink as old as time? Well, that’s precisely what cold brewed coffee did. It breathed some fresh life into a staid tradition. And we’re excited to take it from there. See, we love coffee, but even more, we love what happens around coffee: conversations, kinship, long drives, slow meals, ideas. So many ideas. Our vision is to stay loose, say yes, and explore coffee as a starting place for a million other good things—and to keep surprising you (and ourselves) with all the ways we brew, blend, bottle, and tip back some cold brewed coffee together.
The Taproom is our brand epicenter, our “home base,” providing the richest opportunity for our tribe to experience the Riff spirit— it’s about building relationships, being transparent, positive, innovative and having fun— together. In support of this vision, our lead cook will collaborate with our Taproom leadership team in creating one of the most refreshing, exciting and interactive food and beverage experiences in the country!
Lead Cook Role
Reports to Chef, Sous Chef and Front-of-House Manager
The environment and hospitality programs will be designed to encourage vibrant interaction across a broad spectrum of people. Of course, the best catalyst for meaningful conversation is a great meal. Our Lead Cook will work alongside the kitchen management team to inspire guests from around the world by creating an extraordinarily delicious and fun culinary experience. This key team member will Supervise and play an active cooking role for the kitchen, be an influencer on the design process of an ever-evolving menu inspired by our cold brewed coffee, train best-in-class personnel, work alongside management team to oversee day to day activity in the kitchen, play an active role in ordering product to ensure proper inventory and quality of product.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, and presentable cleanliness for your station, work area, and equipment used, including walk-in coolers and all storage areas. Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment and tools..
Assist staff in opening/shift change/closing procedures to ensuring checklists are followed and executed promptly.
- Ensure consistent compliance with defined recipe specifications, portion sizes, cooking methods, prep guidelines, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with team on planning and development of changing weekly menus in response to seasonality, labor, and food cost guidelines.
- Train and develop line cooks and/or prep cooks on their station, while leading by example for other station cooks, when applicable.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product.
- Conduct at least 1 Team briefing per week, discussing the menu, order guide, and prep lists for the following week. Establish and monitor par levels, portion control and waste, utilizing ordered product and surplus food product to minimize waste.
- Understand and participate in establishing purchasing/ordering processes along with the Chef and Sous Chef.
- Complete daily Time and Temperature logs for appropriate stations. Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepared food products.
- Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to the Chef or Front of House Manager.
- Maintain effective communication within the BOH and FOH staff, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns as well as work to resolve problems.
- Work the service line during peak meal hours while maintaining a responsive, approachable demeanor, displaying great customer service, in a timely manner.
- At least 2 years of full-time back-of house management experience in the food and beverage industry.
- Demonstrated passion for craft beverages and culinary arts
- Good knife handling skills
- Current food handlers card
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel.
Riff Cold Brewed Coffee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills
We intend to open the Taproom mid November. This position to commence late October to early November.
How to apply
Email resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile, and 2-3 letters of reference by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.