The Riff Spirit
Why not explore, innovate, and improvise with a drink as old as time? Well, that’s precisely what cold brewed coffee did. It breathed some fresh life into a staid tradition. And we’re excited to take it from there. See, we love coffee, but even more, we love what happens around coffee: conversations, kinship, long drives, slow meals, ideas. So many ideas. Our vision is to stay loose, say yes, and explore coffee as a starting place for a million other good things—and to keep surprising you (and ourselves) with all the ways we brew, blend, bottle, and tip back some cold brewed coffee together.
The Taproom is our brand epicenter, our “home base,” providing the richest opportunity for our tribe to experience the Riff spirit— it’s about building relationships, being transparent, positive, innovative and having fun— together. In support of this vision, our Line cook will collaborate with our Taproom leadership team in creating one of the most refreshing, exciting and interactive food and beverage experiences in the country!
Line Cook Role
Reports to Kitchen Management or Manager on duty
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked/prepared items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu items. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking and preparing on the line.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Ensure consistent compliance with defined recipe specifications, portion sizes, cooking methods, prep guidelines, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain sufficient levels of food products for line stations to ensure smooth service and efficient ticket times.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, cooking and refrigeration equipment.
- Restock items for line when needed and during opening, shift change, and closing.
- Follow guidelines for proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly using the FIFO method.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Open/Close the kitchen properly and follow the opening/shift change/closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others when needed.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Management or Manager on duty.
- At least 6 months of line cooking experience
- Demonstrated passion for craft beverages and culinary arts
- Good knife handling skills
- Current food handlers card
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time and Full-time position available. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds, Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel.
Riff Cold Brewed Coffee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills
We intend to open the Taproom early November. This position to commence late October to early November.
how to apply
Email resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile, and 2-3 letters of reference by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.