Riff Cold Brewed Coffee was co-founded in 2017 in Bend, Oregon by an experienced team from the craft beverages industry. Riff has launched with premium cold brewed coffee across Oregon in packaged bottles, 3 quart bag in box, and kegs. This fall, they will open a unique taproom in Bend that will help reintroduce people to coffee and its endless possibilities available through the cold brewing process. And, they have opened a Riff Tapshack in Eugene, that serves pastries, blended drinks and pours a variety of cold brews from a 4-tap kegerator.
the riff spirit
Why not explore, innovate, and improvise with a drink as old as time? Well, that’s precisely what cold brewed coffee did. It breathed some fresh life into a staid tradition. And we’re excited to take it from there. See, we love coffee, but even more, we love what happens around coffee: conversations, kinship, long drives, slow meals, ideas. So many ideas. Our vision is to stay loose, say yes, and explore coffee as a starting place for a million other good things—and to keep surprising you (and ourselves) with all the ways we brew, blend, bottle, and tip back some cold brewed coffee together.
Our Values: building lasting relationships, transparency, positive force in the community, having fun, and innovation.
the riff taproom
The Taproom is our brand epicenter, our “home base,” providing the richest opportunity for our tribe to experience the Riff spirit— it’s about building relationships, being transparent, positive, innovative and having fun— together. In support of this vision, our Front of House Manager will collaborate with our Taproom leadership team in creating one of the most refreshing, exciting and interactive food and beverage experiences in the country!
Reports to Front of house manager or Manager on duty.
Proactively welcome guests. Run food and beverage to guests in coordination with servers. Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
- Scrappy Problem Solving
- Entrepreneurially Oriented
- Passionately Collaborative
- Mega Enthusiasm
- Relentless Attention to Detail
- Clear Communication
- Natural Sense of Humor
- Handle Stressful Situations
- Proactively welcome guests as they enter and help them feel comfortable.
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs, booths, and the floors under and around tables between guest seatings following sanitation standards. Reset table stocking condiments and supplies as needed.
- Remove soiled tableware and deposit in designated areas. Gather, sort, scrape and stack silverware, dishes, and glassware for dishwashing.
- Serve food and beverage items to guests when servers require assistance.
- Help maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.
- Help clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of the restaurant, and mop or vacuum floors following Riff standards.
- Fill beverage and ice dispensers. Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
- Communicate with server to expedite efficient seating, table utilization, and customer service.
- Thank guests as they leave.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes, and clean as needed.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
requirements and prior experience
- Current OLCC Servers Permit
- Current Oregon Food Handlers Card
- At least 6 months of front-of-house and/or experience in hospitality service or the food and beverage industry.
- Demonstrated passion for craft beverages
- Proficiency in operating a POS (point of sale) system.
position type/expected hours of work
Part-time and full-time positions available. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Able to communicate effectively with managers and staff.
Riff Cold Brewed Coffee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We intend to open the Taproom mid November. This position to commence late October.
how to apply
Email resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile, and 2-3 letters of reference by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.