Riff Cold Brewed Coffee was co-founded in 2017 in Bend, Oregon by an experienced team from the craft beverages industry. Riff has launched with premium cold brewed coffee across Oregon in packaged bottles, 3 quart bag in box, and kegs. This fall, they will open a unique taproom in Bend that will help reintroduce people to coffee and its endless possibilities available through the cold brewing process. And, they have opened a Riff Tapshack in Eugene, that serves pastries, blended drinks and pours a variety of cold brews from a 4-tap kegerator.
the riff spirit
Why not explore, innovate, and improvise with a drink as old as time? Well, that’s precisely what cold brewed coffee did. It breathed some fresh life into a staid tradition. And we’re excited to take it from there. See, we love coffee, but even more, we love what happens around coffee: conversations, kinship, long drives, slow meals, ideas. So many ideas. Our vision is to stay loose, say yes, and explore coffee as a starting place for a million other good things—and to keep surprising you (and ourselves) with all the ways we brew, blend, bottle, and tip back some cold brewed coffee together.
Our Values: building lasting relationships, transparency, positive force in the community, having fun, and innovation.
the riff taproom
The Taproom is our brand epicenter, our “home base,” providing the richest opportunity for our tribe to experience the Riff spirit— it’s about building relationships, being transparent, positive, innovative and having fun— together. In support of this vision, our Front of House Manager will collaborate with our Taproom leadership team in creating one of the most refreshing, exciting and interactive food and beverage experiences in the country!
Reports to Front of House Manager or Manager on duty.
Provides timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests. This key team member will create incredible beverage experiences for our guests and heighten their interest and passion for cold brewed coffee.
- Scrappy Problem Solving
- Entrepreneurially Oriented
- Passionately Collaborative
- Mega Enthusiasm
- Relentless Attention to Detail
- Clear Communication
- Natural Sense of Humor
- Handle Stressful Situations
- Monitor and observe guest dining experience to ensure they are satisfied with the food and service, and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Develop expertise in cold brewed coffee along with Riff’s unique approach to process. Familiarize yourself with the full array of Riff’s cold brewed coffee beverage formats and engage guests in conversation to pique interest and curiosity.
- Develop expertise in Riff’s food menu items along with how they compliment and pair with Riff’s cold brewed coffee offerings.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services. If desired, share with guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Follow OLCC guidelines for checking guest identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware. Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist in stocking service areas with supplies such as condiments, tableware, and linens. Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Proactively welcome guests as they enter and help them feel comfortable.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions as requested.
requirements and prior experience
- Current OLCC Servers Permit
- Current Oregon Food Handlers Card
- At least 6 months of front-of-house and/or experience in hospitality service or the food and beverage industry.
- Demonstrated passion for craft beverages
- Proficiency in operating a POS (point of sale) system.
position type/expected hours of work
Part-time and full-time positions available. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Able to communicate effectively with managers and staff.
Riff Cold Brewed Coffee embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We intend to open the Taproom mid November. This position to commence late October.
how to apply
Email resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile, and 2-3 letters of reference by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.